Popular Posts

Meet Kayleigh

>> Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Ok, so I'm not even sure that's how you spell her name, but this is Kayleigh.  She's my boss's adorable granddaughter and as soon as I saw the photo of her, I knew I had to draw her.  

She's super sweet and loves to hang out with us at the answering service where I work.  She really loves when you let her sit on your lap and let her 'type'.  We spent a little while drawing and coloring together a few weeks ago and she got a kick out of my silly drawing of a house with a yard and a dog.  She was especially enamored with my swing set.  lol

I had a ton of fun with this one and I think I'm getting better with hair too!  The eyes and nose were harder this time because of the angle of her face.  Usually I have a hard time with mouths but I think hers was easier.  Strange how things work out sometimes.

I'm loving working mornings.  Some days I'm home by 10am and others by 2pm and I have so much more free time it seems like.  It's also nice to come home and lay out by the pool!  I may actually enjoy summer this year.

7 Wonderfully Stated Opinions!:

Autumn Leaves June 30, 2010 at 5:32 AM  

Oh to be willing to wear a swimsuit again! I used to love swimming in the pool. Anyway, I'll be going to Regency Beauty Institute by the mall. Something I've wanted to do for a good 40 years or more and now is the time, I guess. Not been a good few years for us either (I have a BBA - acct./finance - and haven't been able to find a job). The art school is through Penn-Foster, about $1,000 for the course, paid in small monthly payments. That I can handle and it is done at my own pace. They provide most supplies, though of course, I have my own as well.

Love this portrait, Deanna. She is adorable!!

Carmen June 30, 2010 at 6:25 PM  

Oh look at those chubby cheeks! This is a beautiful piccy - are you going to show her?

Deanna June 30, 2010 at 6:49 PM  

Carmen, I actually gave it to her today. She was sooo thrilled. I'm glad to have made her happy. :)

Alexandra MacVean June 30, 2010 at 10:24 PM  

You did a fantastic job! Wow! She is adorable! :)

Gary Keimig July 3, 2010 at 8:00 AM  

She is a pretty girl but then all children are. And make such wonderful subjects.
Have you tried out your new acrylics yet?

Marlene July 3, 2010 at 9:42 PM  

She is adorable! Very nicely done. Thanks for stopping by. I had a great time in the mountains but so glad to be back. See you tomorrow for Sunday Sketches.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog, posts and artwork!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

All artwork contained in this blog are original works by Deanna Millard unless otherwise stated.

Challenge Yourself

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP