Popular Posts

Sunday Sketches - Puppy Love

>> Sunday, June 27, 2010

I think he turned out pretty cute!  This was my second attempt at drawing a dog.  The first had longer hair and was a little harder to draw.  This was another project in the book I'm trying to learn from.  I don't have any puppies right now; however, I did have a black lab mix several years ago that looked very similar to this one.

Don't forget to hop on over to Blue Chair Diary to check out all of the other great Sunday Sketches!  There are some really great artists out there.


Pencil on Sketch Paper

13 Wonderfully Stated Opinions!:

Katerina Galati June 27, 2010 at 8:53 AM  

Hello Deanna,

Your drawing is amazing i feel like your dog is alive... very expressive!!!

lissa June 27, 2010 at 10:41 AM  

wonderful drawing, great shading

Erin Butson June 27, 2010 at 11:57 AM  

I agree, your drawing is amazing. Very lifelikeand expressive!

Pramoda Meduri June 27, 2010 at 12:20 PM  

Inspiring one indeed..:) Prettyy cute..:)

Tammie Lee June 27, 2010 at 12:59 PM  

I agree, wonderful portrait.

Heather June 27, 2010 at 1:02 PM  

Hi Deanna,
I love this dog! I think he's GREAT. I have a chocolate lab and I have a hard time drawing him...You've inspired me to give it a try!
Hope you are enjoying your Sunday!
Heather

Debbie June 27, 2010 at 1:21 PM  

He looks more like a picture then a drawing! So life-like!

SarahBeth June 27, 2010 at 1:33 PM  

He looks like dogs do when their owner has come home!! Happy, happy!

Julia Christie June 27, 2010 at 1:54 PM  

Great portrait! He looks very happy!

Smiles

Alexandra MacVean June 27, 2010 at 5:07 PM  

Deanna, what an incredible sketch! Wow, I love this one. Don't suppose you'd sketch one of my loveable pups! :D Hee

Happpy SS.

Carmen June 27, 2010 at 5:14 PM  

Gorgeous doggy - he looks so happy. I love the texture you've got on his fur!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog, posts and artwork!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

All artwork contained in this blog are original works by Deanna Millard unless otherwise stated.

Challenge Yourself

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP