Popular Posts

About Me

>> Saturday, June 12, 2010

I am a 45 year old mother of three now grown children.  (sigh)

I am currently unemployed and have enjoyed the time I've recently had to practice my artwork.  I am also very lucky to have a wonderful boyfriend that helps support me financially, emotionally and creatively.

I have always been told, "You're so talented."  Don't get me wrong it's a wonderful compliment.  Without sounding like a snob or conceited I have tried and succeeded at many different crafts including knitting, crocheting, quilting, sewing, floral arrangement, scrapbooking, graphic design, sketching, card making, cross stitching, etc.  I have taught myself from books or looking online and pick things up extremely fast (get that from my father supposedly).  However, the bad part is, I can't seem to focus on one particular thing.  I'm not sure if it's a form of ADD or OCD but I'll get really focused on one medium for a few weeks, then get bored with it and move on something else.  Doesn't seem like a bad problem to have except that I would really love to be able to use one as a form of extra income but it's hard to do that when you lose interest after a month or so.  lol.

I'm currently into the sketching, water colors, oils and colored pencil sketches and hope that maybe I have found the one medium that I can focus all my attention on and eventually begin to sell.  Only time will tell!

1 Wonderfully Stated Opinions!:

Deborah Verhoeven April 5, 2013 at 7:39 AM  

Maybe you don't sound conceited to me in this, because you sound like me. I dabble with all kinds of creative things. If it's ADD, then I have it too. LOL.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog, posts and artwork!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

All artwork contained in this blog are original works by Deanna Millard unless otherwise stated.

Challenge Yourself

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP