Popular Posts

Sunday Sketches - Birds and Back Problems

>> Sunday, July 04, 2010

Pencil on Sketch Paper

Close Up
Here's my Sunday Sketches for this week.  It's just another practice piece, I don't actually own a bird like this.  lol.  If we ever get good close up shots of our parakeets I will definitely draw them, but for now, they are terrified of the camera.  Silly birds.

If you haven't checked out Sunday Sketches hosted by Sophia from Blue Chair Diary, please do so today.  She is very talented and wonderful enough to host Sunday Sketches each week without fail.  Be sure to visit the other artists on the linky list!

I've been MIA for a few days because my back has been killing me.  You really know you're getting old when you throw your back out by bending over to put pop in the fridge.  lol  Not really, I was diagnosed with Degenerative Disk Disease in my lower back about 10 years ago.  I haven't had another MRI since then so I'm assuming like everything else, it's only gotten worse over time.  I did see the doctor yesterday and she gave me some muscle relaxers, which thoroughly knocked me out last night.  I also have ibuprophen for use in the day time.  I'm feeling a little better now and hope to be back to daily posts!  Thanks for dropping by and I hope you have a wonderful holiday!

13 Wonderfully Stated Opinions!:

Marlene July 4, 2010 at 9:04 AM  

Beautiful sketch, I love birds and you have done magnificently on this sketch. Hope your birds cooperate and let you get their picture.

Tammie Lee July 4, 2010 at 10:10 AM  

Ah, I am sorry to hear about your back. Pain is something that really gets our attention. Feel better soon.
I like your bird and it really pops with the black aura around it.

It is scary to do mixed media, especially if you have put time into the details of a face, but it is also exciting dreaming up each step. Let me know if you ever try it.

Crafting Queen July 4, 2010 at 12:49 PM  

Beautiful sketch, love the eyes. Sorry to hear about our back, chronic pain can be really hard to deal with. Take care.

Andrea July 4, 2010 at 1:20 PM  

ugh...The back not the bird...
I have a curve in my spine that causes much grief! I hope you can find some comfort...
LOVE the bird, and her background...
xo
Andrea

lissa July 4, 2010 at 1:29 PM  

nice drawing and details


hope you are feeling better

apinkdreamer July 4, 2010 at 2:28 PM  

hi!!! your sketch is really beautiful and the bird is like a real!!!!

Julia Christie July 4, 2010 at 2:55 PM  

So sorry to hear about your back, but this is a really lovely sketch! So lifelike. I used to draw birds a lot when I was a kid, and have recently thought about taking it up again. I love watching birds! Hope you feel lots better soon!

Smiles

Lauren July 4, 2010 at 5:09 PM  

What a gorgeous sketch! I hope your back feels better soon. ~Lauren

Alexandra MacVean July 4, 2010 at 5:24 PM  

Deanna,
You truly amaze me with your sketches. I could not for the LIFE of me sketch a bird. You did a super fantastic job! :)

Happy SS! Hugs!

Heather July 4, 2010 at 7:19 PM  

Hi Deanna,
I love drawing birds. When I was a little girl I drew the whole book of birds one summer...that started my love of drawing.
You did a WONDERFUL job, despite your bad back.
So sorry to hear about this...I hope you are feeling better soon.
Take it easy on yourself!
XXOO
Heather

Shirley July 4, 2010 at 10:02 PM  

What wonderful sketches, Deanna! I really like the contrast you create..really well done. Yes! Love those sparklers when I was a kid...hope you have a wonderful 4th!

Autumn Leaves July 5, 2010 at 3:59 AM  

Gorgeous hawk, Deanna! Goodness knows we have plenty of models in this area, yes? So sorry to hear about your back, though. Hopefully the muscle relaxer knockout helped you get a good night's rest!

Katerina Galati July 5, 2010 at 7:50 AM  

Hope you're feeling better Deanna!!!
I like your sketch, the bird seems ready to fly!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog, posts and artwork!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

All artwork contained in this blog are original works by Deanna Millard unless otherwise stated.

Challenge Yourself

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP