Popular Posts

Favorite Artists

>> Saturday, June 12, 2010

Bob Ross - 1942-1995 Don't laugh, you know you're lovin some 'happy little trees' yourself!  Really, I could listen to this man all day long.  He's just so laid back and fun to watch and he has a very soothing tone to him.  Gotta love the 'fro' too!

Lee Hammond - She has been my inspiration for sketching right from the beginning.  Her realistic sketches continue to amaze me on a daily basis.  I have two of her books and have learned so much from her.  In fact most of my sketches are practice pieces from her book.  I owe just about everything I know to her!

John Jude Palancar - If you've seen the 'Eragon' books by Christopher Paolini you've seen his arwork.  He's more of a fantasy artist but I love his work.

Claude Monet - 1840-1926 a French Impressionist that I simply adore.  Love his 'Water Lily' series!

Raffaello Sanzio (Raphael)  - 1483-1520 Italian High Rennaissance.  What can I say about the beautiful angels and Madonna's that he produced.  I did a study on him for my art history class.  We had to choose a famous artist and write a paper along with our analogy of their artwork.  Most people went with the normal favorites such as Leonardo da Vinci and Michaelangelo.  Let me just say there are not as many books about Raphael and it was not an easy assignment to do.  My teacher was impressed as she stated that very few of her students have picked him as an artist.  Yay me!  lol.

Albrecht Durer - 1471-1528 German Printmaker.  If you've never seen his engravings you are really missing out.  Imagine having to engrave your artwork into wood or thin metal and having to ink it and lay the paper on it to make a print!  How innovative for the time frame!

0 Wonderfully Stated Opinions!:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog, posts and artwork!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

All artwork contained in this blog are original works by Deanna Millard unless otherwise stated.

Challenge Yourself

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP