Popular Posts

Creativity Boot Camp - Day 9

>> Monday, June 14, 2010

'Drizzle'
Pencil on Sketch Paper

So for Day 9 of Creativity Boot Camp our prompt word was 'drizzle'.  I immediately thought of rain but I wanted to go a little outside the immediate response to the word.  I came up with this as I used to make these for Christmas for my kids and you drizzle the icing on.  I drew this from a memory and it's one of the very few things that I've sketched totally freehand.  Typically I use the grid method but I'm trying to get into drawing without it.  I know my plate is a not exactly proportioned and a little misshapen but overall I'm very pleased with it.

I never did get to start a watercolor yesterday.  In fact other than boot camp and Sunday Sketches I only got the image transferred onto my watercolor paper.  I had the worst headache all day and couldn't concentrate enough.  I finally gave up and laid down and watched the movie Big Fish which was extremely good and I would recommend it to anyone.  

This week I'll be working some overtime and wont have as much spare time to spend on boot camp.  It makes me a little sad that we're already over halfway through.  What will I do when it ends?  Where will I get the ideas to draw things I normally wouldn't just because of one little word? Will people still visit my blog?  So many questions, so little time!

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend and I can't wait to see what everyone came up with for this week's word prompt!

9 Wonderfully Stated Opinions!:

Katerina Galati June 14, 2010 at 3:19 AM  

I like your work Deanna and your cake has volume, keep practicing!!

Crafting Queen June 14, 2010 at 5:02 AM  

Lovely drawing, great work.

Tora´s Vintage Dream June 14, 2010 at 6:24 AM  

You have a good talent for drawing, I love you cake.

liz June 14, 2010 at 10:33 AM  

This look really fab. Makes me want eat it, even in black and white! Well done.

Melanie June 14, 2010 at 11:08 AM  

Love your sketches! I'll follow you after this course is over! No worries. You should check out http://www.illustrationfriday.com if you haven't already. They have weekly word prompts. You'd love it!

Erin Butson June 14, 2010 at 11:30 AM  

Food! You and I were on the same wave length. Your sketch caught my eye immediately. I know, I love having a little assignment. And not editing to perfection.

blue china studio happy June 14, 2010 at 12:22 PM  

Wow! This turned out great. I think you should continue to freehand because is my favorite of yours so far.

colorchic June 14, 2010 at 9:53 PM  

Deanna you are a very gifted artist. The best I can do for the creativity blog is my photography. I took a life drawing class one time and the instructor said I should try sculpting... seriously something must have been wrong with my drawing skills! Thanks for visiting color chic! Have a great day!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog, posts and artwork!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

All artwork contained in this blog are original works by Deanna Millard unless otherwise stated.

Challenge Yourself

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP