Popular Posts

Here Kitty Kitty! A New Camcorder and Acrylic Paints

>> Tuesday, June 29, 2010

So I learned that drawing fur is hard!  Ugh, this was so much harder than the dog I did.  I'm definitely going to have to practice fur and hair more.  Those are the hardest things to make realistic looking to me.  I think I'm getting the eyes down pretty good.  My goal this week is to practice more mouths and hair. 

I went to Good Will again yesterday.  I found a mini camcorder for $6.99 and had my birthday coupon for 25% off so it came in under $6!  We had to use our own memory card but so far it looks to be working ok.  It is this exact model which I looked up online and one place is selling it for $109!!!! Can you believe that???  It has a case, carrying strap, and mini tripod. It even still had the clear film over the viewing lens!  I rock!

I also went to Hobby Lobby and got a Royal  & Langnickel acrylic paint set with 10 paints, brushes, palette and two mini canvas boards on clearance for $11.99!  This is what it looks like.  How cool was that!!!???

Now I have to learn how to paint with acrylics.  Yay!

3 Wonderfully Stated Opinions!:

Autumn Leaves June 29, 2010 at 5:55 AM  

You've mentioned a couple of my favorite stores! We were at Goodwill on Sunday too! Wonder if we unknowingly crossed paths.

Carmen June 29, 2010 at 6:08 AM  

Wow what an amazing bargain you got in the camera. Can't wait to see what you do with the acrylics.

Love the cat :P

Shirley June 29, 2010 at 11:07 PM  

Good for you, Deanna - great bargains, a new medium, more challenges with illustrating fur! Thank you so much for your kind visit..it is great to see your work, Deanna.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog, posts and artwork!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

All artwork contained in this blog are original works by Deanna Millard unless otherwise stated.

Challenge Yourself

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP