Popular Posts

IF - Breakfast

>> Monday, July 19, 2010

Colored Pencil and Marker

I sketched this at work today for the Illustration Friday's word prompt of 'Breakfast'.  I haven't had a chance to participate in IF for a few weeks and I thought this one would be a quick and easy one.  Lot's of running around to do today.  Had to go grocery shopping, which I really don't mind as I love to cook.  Now I'm just waiting for our checks to be done today so I can go cash it and run to Walmart to pick up a few items.

Hope you're all having a happy Monday.  

Update on Sunny:  I was able to examine her a little better today.  Unfortunately it appears as though the break is higher up on her leg than we originally suspected.  I don't have much hope of her having even a partial recovery and use of the leg and claw.  She doesn't appear to be in any pain and she's learned that she has to fly pretty much everywhere but she's getting around and doesn't seem to be letting her new disability slow her down much.  Still breaks my heart every time I see her little leg kind of dangling but I'm grateful that she's hanging in there and not giving up.  Thank you so much for all of your well wishes and kind thoughts.  They are very much appreciated during this rough spot.

5 Wonderfully Stated Opinions!:

Autumn Leaves July 20, 2010 at 5:25 AM  

Poor Sunny! Dear Deanna...I rarely do this, but might I suggest a bit of body below the table for this girl? On the other hand, my head is usually floating around breakfast time too! LOLOL Great job on this theme. Now you have me wanting pancakes...at IHOP...and we're jobless around here! Oy!!!

Morrgan July 20, 2010 at 8:34 AM  

Mmmm, I could go for a stack of pancakes like that. =)

Sorry to hear about Sunny's troubles. :/

aeneadellaluna July 21, 2010 at 10:07 AM  

Ohhh so many pancakes :) does she need a hand with that?? so cute :)

Erin Butson July 21, 2010 at 3:19 PM  

Hi Deanna,

So glad to see you're doing the sketchbook project! Love this picture. I've always wanted to do IF. I need to just jump in! So sorry to hear about Sunny. it's so hard when there's nothing you can really do, besides just being there.

Heather July 21, 2010 at 6:41 PM  

adorable. love the eyes!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog, posts and artwork!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

All artwork contained in this blog are original works by Deanna Millard unless otherwise stated.

Challenge Yourself

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP