Popular Posts

Happy Hump Day!

>> Wednesday, July 07, 2010

"Study of the Eyes II"
Pencil on Sketch Paper

You may or may not have noticed I changed my thumbnail image.  Not because I like to make changes like I do to my blog every few weeks, but because Blogger in it's infinite quirkiness lost my previous one.  Not quite sure what happened but I went to post a comment one day and it showed up with no image.  So I chose this sketch as it was readily available on my computer.  I have been working out of the two Lee Hammond books I have and really love doing some of the smaller sketches while I'm at work.  They're quick and I don't need quite as many supplies as I do with some of the larger pieces.  I still need lots of work on my eyelashes but I'm relatively satisfied with the overall outcome of this image.

I have just gotten Lee's book called Lifelike Drawing in Colored Pencil.  I haven't started anything yet, but it looks to be as intriguing as the first two books I bought of hers.  Hopefully I'll have something ready to post soon.  I really love working in graphite, but I do wonder, should I ever decide to sell my artwork, is there really a desire for this type of medium?  If so, are people willing to pay for the time vested in each image?  Is it better to sell reproductions or originals?  I have so many questions.  I have always been able to sell handmade items, but I'm so new to this aspect of my creativity that I'm unsure of where to go from here.

As artists, how do you decide what to sell and how much to charge?  Ah, too many questions, not enough room on my blog.  Not to mention, boring my readers.  lol.  Anyway, hope you are all having a good week.  I have decided to pick up some extra hours at work so I won't be off at 10 am like I planned.  But I will have some overtime on my next check.  More cash for my art supplies!  Shhh, don't tell my boyfriend.  He already thinks I need to pare down my quilting, sewing, crochet, knitting and artwork supplies.

3 Wonderfully Stated Opinions!:

Autumn Leaves July 7, 2010 at 5:02 AM  

My goodness, Deanna! You rather sound a bit like me with all of the interests! LOLOL If a graphite piece is good, I personally would be willing to buy it. As to pricing, I haven't a clue. I don't generally sell my art as I don't like rejection! LOLOLOL So many artist bloggers do, however, so hopefully you will get some input here! These are quite lovely eyes and I rather envy those lashes myself!

krissilugbill July 7, 2010 at 11:26 AM  

wow, you have a serious gift! i wish i could draw, i have no skills when it comes to this! i love this drawing..or sketch? i don't really know all the technical terms but i love it all the same :) I don't sell any of my photos or anything, I would love to one day, but first I have to learn more about taking good shots! but, i would say you could most defiantly sell your work for a great price. You are not boring me at all, i think questions like this are great to talk about on blogs cause we are all artists in one way or another trying to figure it all out :) again, great work!

Crafting Queen July 7, 2010 at 11:32 AM  

Wonderful drawing, love the way you captured the light in the eyes. Great piece.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog, posts and artwork!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

All artwork contained in this blog are original works by Deanna Millard unless otherwise stated.

Challenge Yourself

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP