Popular Posts

Sunday Sketches - Another Portrait

>> Sunday, July 11, 2010

Pencil on Sketch Paper

I've been trying to practice my portraits because I feel that this category is my strongest skill set.  I tried doing a small landscape sketch of rocks and some plants, horrible.  lol.  I will be trying some famous faces soon so that you'll be able to see the comparison and see how I'm doing.  It's easy to draw a portrait, but it's extremely hard to get it to look like the actual person you are drawing. 

My back is a little better.  I ended up going to the er and got some pain meds to take along with the motrin and muscle relaxers.  I only take the muscle relaxers at night though.  Makes me very sleepy.  :)  I'm off to work but will be back later this evening to check out all of the wonderful Sunday Sketches.  In the mean time hop on over to Sophia's blog to see more great sketches by some very talented artists.

14 Wonderfully Stated Opinions!:

WrightStuff July 11, 2010 at 9:02 AM  

Wow, this is great. The shading and hair are particularly good. You are very brave to try teeth! I always keep my models' mouths tightly shut!!

Katerina Galati July 11, 2010 at 10:19 AM  

Your portrait is very good!! Almost like a photograph.
I tried to do one of my own but i found it very difficult and in the end it doesn't look like me :(

Julia Christie July 11, 2010 at 10:28 AM  

You are right - this is definitely one of your strengths! Amazing. You should post the picture you drew it from so we can see the comparison. I think this is amazing!

Smiles and happy Sunday. Glad to hear you are feeling a tad better.

Marlene July 11, 2010 at 10:55 AM  

Lovely portrait, you are doing really well. The shading is great. It will be fun seeing your famous faces when you get started on them.

Alexandra MacVean July 11, 2010 at 1:43 PM  

Sorry to hear that you have had so much trouble with your back lately. Hope you continue to recover.

I love your sketch. When I clicked on your link and your blog came up, I looked over at my bf and went, "OH WOW!!!" He is a much better artist than myself and thought it was great as well. :)

Happy Sunday!!

Lauren July 11, 2010 at 5:52 PM  

This is really beautiful, you did such a wonderful job on the hair and the shading! The eyes are really pretty and expressive too. I'm glad your back is feeling a little better! ~Lauren

Suzanne July 11, 2010 at 9:31 PM  

I think this is my favorite. It's just gorgeous! I hope your back is better.Take your time and care for yourself. But please keep doing portraits, they're stunning :)

liz July 12, 2010 at 1:45 AM  

Beautiful sketch. Hope your back is better. :)

Autumn Leaves July 12, 2010 at 6:02 AM  

She is beautiful! I really want that head of hair of her's! LOL

pinkglitterfae July 12, 2010 at 10:21 AM  

Wow, you've got some lovely detail on this portrait! Great job on the hair, that is the toughest thing for me to make look real. You've easily accomplished this!
xoxo
betty

Heather July 12, 2010 at 11:16 AM  

Hi Deanna,
Happy Monday. I was away from my computer all day and wasn't able to comment on everyone's sunday sketches, until now. Summer is just a busy time!

I think you do a wonderful job with portraits. The shading is really good. And the hair on this one is so realistic.

I really think you have great talent here. I agree, it would be fun to see the picture that you sketch from!
Happy Monday, sorry to hear about your back!
XXOO
PS - thanks so much for your kind words! :)
Heather

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog, posts and artwork!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

All artwork contained in this blog are original works by Deanna Millard unless otherwise stated.

Challenge Yourself

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP