Popular Posts

Another ACEO Attempt

>> Wednesday, July 14, 2010

This little guy was my second attempt at making an ACEO.  I think he turned out pretty good.  It was very hard to get all that detail into such a small space!  I have learned that I should not start out with such intricate designs when trying something new.  Then again, I've always been that way.  The very first quilt I made was for my mom who has relocated to Arizona.  I wanted the quilt to reflect the region so I used Native American Indian signs for the quilting part with a Kokopelli as the center  of attention.  Not an easy task for a brand new quilter, but I love challenges.

Anyway, I got the design idea from one of my Goodwill artbook finds.  I used watercolor pencils and added watercolors where I thought it needed a little extra oomph.  Now, if I could just get up enough nerve to try my acrylics!

Still having back problems but I am moving a little better.  My right leg keeps going numb all the way to my toes so I think I'm going to have to go back to the doctor.  She told me to give it two weeks and we're at about 1.5 right now.  Somehow I don't see it getting miraculously better in the next few days.  :(  At least I'm back to drawing and painting!  :)

2 Wonderfully Stated Opinions!:

Heather July 14, 2010 at 2:45 PM  

I like seeing your work in color!!!I have never tried the ACEO - you did a nice job.

So sorry to hear about your back. Take it easy. But yes, glad you are back painting and drawing again!!!
XX
Heather

Autumn Leaves July 15, 2010 at 4:11 AM  

What a delightful surprise seeing that bird drinking from the spigot! Gorgeous colors too, Deanna. Still hoping and praying that you feel better soon!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog, posts and artwork!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

All artwork contained in this blog are original works by Deanna Millard unless otherwise stated.

Challenge Yourself

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP