Popular Posts

It Has Been a While

>> Thursday, March 03, 2011

It's hard for me to believe that so much time has gone by since I last updated this blog.  A lot has happened in the past several months, with the most devastating being the passing of my boyfriend.  He suffered from a chronic illness for many years and succumbed to complications caused by the illness on February 13.  I miss him everyday and it's hard for me to try to work on my creativity as he was such an inspiration to me.  He always encouraged me, no matter what medium I chose to work in and helped give me the confidence to believe in myself as an artist.  I miss him dearly but I know he is finally pain free and no longer suffering.

Now it's time for me to heal.  I think I just need to take some me time and get back into my drawing as it always helps bring me a sense of peace.  If you know of any challenges or classes hosted by other blog owners, please feel free to leave comments for me as I would love to have something that will help keep my mind off of things and the creativity flowing.

3 Wonderfully Stated Opinions!:

Alexandra MacVean March 6, 2011 at 4:39 PM  

Hmmm...I see my comment didn't post. Grr. Let's try this again. I'm really sorry to hear of your great loss. I wish you hope and healing in this new journey within your life. Feel free to email any time if you want to sit and chat. BIG hugs.

Deanna March 7, 2011 at 9:16 AM  

Thank you for the kind words Sophia. It's a hard road to go down but I knew that his illness would eventually come to this when I first met him. Knowing doesn't make it any easier but he was such a great guy that I was willing to take my chances.

Thank you for your offer to listen if I need to talk. Same goes for you. I know how hard it is to sit in a hospital room day after day worrying about a loved one. My boyfriend was hospitalized on Dec 22nd and stayed in until they transferred him to hospice on Feb 8th.

Hoping you find some peace during this rough time.
Deanna

EVA March 11, 2011 at 9:03 AM  

I am so sorry to hear about your loss Deanna. Hopefully this "community" can provide a tiny bit of the encouragement that he did.

It's great to see you back at Sunday Sketches and I hope you'll consider joining us for a little fun and something playfully different at http://paintpartyfriday.blogspot.com/launching next Friday (18th).

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog, posts and artwork!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

All artwork contained in this blog are original works by Deanna Millard unless otherwise stated.

Challenge Yourself

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP