Popular Posts

A Painted Lady

>> Monday, March 14, 2011

Ok, so she's not really painted with the typical mediums you would think of such as oil, pastel, acrylic, watercolor or colored pencil.  She was brought into Adobe Illustrator and given a bit of color.  I didn't go too crazy with detail as I wasn't looking for a photorealism look and I didn't want to spend hours and hours on it as it was more for fun than anything.  I thought the background was fitting for the era she belongs in also.

Hope you like her. :)

Thank you for all of your kind words yesterday.  Artwork definitely helps with the healing.


6 Wonderfully Stated Opinions!:

Reflections March 14, 2011 at 7:20 PM  

I came to check on your Sunday Sketch... love this painted version. The color really does add to the piece, more the feeling of the era.

Joanne Osband March 14, 2011 at 8:19 PM  

Hi Deanna,

I would say this painted lady has an attitude ;)

Enjoyed visiting your blog and seeing your art. I especially like your sketches and will look into some of your links, especially the Sunday Sketches.

Thank you!

Julia Christie March 14, 2011 at 11:27 PM  

She turned out really cool! Love the vintage feel!
Smiles

Heather March 15, 2011 at 8:53 AM  

Love how you added that background. very nice!!!! I like the color palette you used, too! xo

EVA March 15, 2011 at 5:06 PM  

Wow!! She has blossomed with that treatment!

So lovely!

Angela Sullivan March 16, 2011 at 1:15 PM  

She looks great I really like the background

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog, posts and artwork!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

All artwork contained in this blog are original works by Deanna Millard unless otherwise stated.

Challenge Yourself

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP