Popular Posts

Sunday Sketches

>> Sunday, March 20, 2011

Good morning!  Happy Sunday to you all!  Here's my submission for Sunday Sketches this week.  I drew this at work the other day so I still haven't gotten to use my new pencils. Hopefully I'll get to try them out tonight.  I'm very curious to see if there is a big difference between those and the ones I have used for the past two years.  To see more wonderful Sunday Sketches hop on over to Sophia's blog here.

28 Wonderfully Stated Opinions!:

Marlene March 20, 2011 at 7:27 AM  

What a sweet sketch, I love penguins. The are such fun birds to watch (although I have only watched them on TV and at the zoo once).

Sinderella's Studio March 20, 2011 at 7:59 AM  

EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!
cheers, dana

Gumnut March 20, 2011 at 8:03 AM  

I like the composition in this. The two parent penguins making a love heart which at the centre of is their child. Lovely design.

Nutty
(a sucker for good design)

Heather March 20, 2011 at 8:25 AM  

This is very sweet Deanna. We love penguins here at my house! hee...I like the concept too, sweetly done! enjoy your day, hope you get to work with your new supplies! :)

maddyrose March 20, 2011 at 8:43 AM  

Very nice design and great subject matter. I believe just about everyone thinks penguins are fun.

Christine March 20, 2011 at 9:54 AM  

love your music this morning..I'll be singing this on my walk today.

Ok back to art...what a lovely 'family' drawing, it's beautiful and touching.

Anonymous,  March 20, 2011 at 10:12 AM  

Oh, I love penguins. This is wonderful! I haven't tried the turquoise prismacolors yet. I'll be watching to see how you like them.

Debbie March 20, 2011 at 10:37 AM  

I loved the "March of the Penguins" and you've captured them perfectly! xoxo

Unknown March 20, 2011 at 10:49 AM  

I love these guys! They're adorable! Wait, you drew them at work? Are you allowed to do that?

Tammie Lee March 20, 2011 at 10:52 AM  

this is charming... something about a family that is sweet.

WrightStuff March 20, 2011 at 10:52 AM  

Happy feet! Lovely drawing.

EVA March 20, 2011 at 10:57 AM  

Beautiful penguins!!

A fabulous job! (And such an adorable baby one.)

Unknown March 20, 2011 at 11:18 AM  

this is so precious!!! what a great piece...I love it....

Lenora March 20, 2011 at 11:27 AM  

The expression on the young one is so perfect! Love the line of the parents looking down! Picture says a lot!

Jenn Bower March 20, 2011 at 11:42 AM  

I love this sketch. There is great emotion and love expressed in the downward tilt of their heads. I love the infered heart shape they make.

Heather Foust March 20, 2011 at 12:32 PM  

Very cute sketch!! The little one in the middle is so sweet!

Unknown March 20, 2011 at 1:28 PM  

Great sketch... I love the way you have done this with the parents forming a heart shape... I'm a big fan of penguins...hope you get to try out your new pencils this week...

Morph Waffle March 20, 2011 at 1:40 PM  

This is so stinkin ADORABLE!

GlorV1 March 20, 2011 at 4:43 PM  

Penguins are adorable. You've done a great piece.

Linda E. Pruitt March 20, 2011 at 5:27 PM  

Nice! The darks are really dark so this makes the sketch!

Teri March 20, 2011 at 6:18 PM  

This sketch gives me such a feeling for sweet and tender.

Julia Christie March 20, 2011 at 8:51 PM  

awwww - these two are soooo cute! I love your new header too! It really grabs your attention - love the warm colors and the dot effect!

Smiles and thanks for the visit at my place!

Jehanne's doodles March 21, 2011 at 12:39 AM  

What wonderful penquins. Love the composition and colours.

Kristin Dudish March 21, 2011 at 6:13 AM  

Awww... This is great - I love the composition!

(I looove my prismacolor colored pencils the best... haven't tried their "turquoise pencils" - I'll look forward to seeing how you like them)

xo
Kristin

Helen March 21, 2011 at 8:00 AM  

Aww what wonderful penguins! And I love the expression on the middle one!

GalleryJuana March 21, 2011 at 8:33 AM  

cute penguin family. That's wonderful how you fit your art in throughout your work day.

Reflections March 21, 2011 at 9:59 PM  

Great sketch... can see the love in your little family, grouped, off to explore the world.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog, posts and artwork!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

All artwork contained in this blog are original works by Deanna Millard unless otherwise stated.

Challenge Yourself

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP