Popular Posts

Inspiration Avenue - Hello Spring

>> Thursday, March 24, 2011

"Hello Spring"

Watercolor on Strathmore Coldpress 140lb 300gsm watercolor paper

With a little help from Photoshop I actually like this one. lol.  I tried the salt for the background effect and as you may see on the right hand side, the salt spilled out so fast it covered the entire section so I had to go kind of heavy on the rest of it.  The original is lighter in color but I really like the Photoshopped version better.

Check out more Inspiration Avenue submissions for this week's challenge here

9 Wonderfully Stated Opinions!:

DMG March 24, 2011 at 7:11 AM  

Your lily actually made me say, "Ahhhhhh....." It is luscious!

Anonymous,  March 24, 2011 at 11:12 AM  

The beauty shows so well here. Wonderful painting and I love this so much! Wow, you are so talented. Truely a gift you have and I want!! Spring never looked so good thru your eyes. I love it!

Maria Ontiveros March 24, 2011 at 12:21 PM  

Haven't tried to salt trick in a while . . . thanks for the inspiration.
Rinda

artangel March 26, 2011 at 4:14 AM  

Fabulous painting - I love watercolor when it's all free flowing and beautiful like this! I really like the salt effect, gives a great texture.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth March 26, 2011 at 10:41 AM  

I really love how you made the background salt technique work for you. Instead of giving up, you made it work perfectly. And the way you captured everything in PS makes it compelling. I really love this entry.

Carola Bartz March 26, 2011 at 3:38 PM  

This is so beautiful. I like the colors and the idea of the salt is intriguing. I think it looks really good.

Gaby Bee March 27, 2011 at 3:26 AM  

This is a fabulous painting! I too love the salt effect. Perfect entry!
Gaby xo

Judy Goddard March 27, 2011 at 3:01 PM  

I think your salt spill was a very "happy accident!" and your lotus is lovely!

Priti Lisa March 27, 2011 at 5:51 PM  

I hope you threw a little of the salt over your left shoulder for luck :) It is a beautiful painting however you came by it!
xo

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog, posts and artwork!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

All artwork contained in this blog are original works by Deanna Millard unless otherwise stated.

Challenge Yourself

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP