Popular Posts

Sunday Sketches

>> Sunday, March 13, 2011

I don't have much of a sketch this week as I have not been feeling too good the last two days.  I'm also still trying to cope with losing my boyfriend as today is exactly one month since he passed.  I did try to color her with my watercolor pencils but it was not a good thing.  The paper I used was too thin and buckled so I started over and decided to just leave her alone for now.  I'm thinking of bringing her into Illustrator and playing with adding some color but that will have to wait for another day. 

Hope you all are having a good weekend.  Be sure to check out all of the lovely Sunday Sketches hosted by Sophia of Blue Chair Diary.

25 Wonderfully Stated Opinions!:

KateHolloman March 13, 2011 at 12:28 AM  

"not much of a sketch" :) yeah right. I love it!! I enjoy fashion and pictures that are like that. I studied fashion design in high school, pretty fun and.... well.. so far not very practical/useable haha. Anyway, hope you feel good soon!

EVA March 13, 2011 at 12:39 AM  

She is simply beautiful and oh so glamourous, Deanna!!

Unknown March 13, 2011 at 12:55 AM  

Hi Deanna,

She's beautiful... I'm so sorry about your boyfriend... hugs

WrightStuff March 13, 2011 at 5:34 AM  

I hope art continues to heal your wounds. Take care. There is nothing wrong with this sketch by the way - she is so elegant!

jywheeler March 13, 2011 at 6:51 AM  

Deanna, My deepest sympathies to you. I hope your art and time will give you comfort.

I love the sketch. It is very vintage looking.

Heather March 13, 2011 at 7:59 AM  

She's very well done! Good to have your art to keep you going. I am sending positive and happy thoughts to you - take it one day at a time...xo

Kristin Dudish March 13, 2011 at 8:52 AM  

Good Morning Deanna,

I'm so sorry about your boyfriend - hugs to you.

This is a wonderful sketch (don't sell yourself short)!

I look forward to seeing what you do with her in Illustrator (I wish I were better with computer programs).

xo
Kristin

p.s. Does your printer accept watercolor paper? If so, you could print her out on it and give the watercolors another shot...

Marlene March 13, 2011 at 9:20 AM  

She is beautiful and as the others said, elegant. So sorry for your loss, I can only imagine how hard it must be, hugs to you.

Sinderella's Studio March 13, 2011 at 9:20 AM  

She seems to be capturing your emotions - sad but standing tall! Very elegant - I love her just as she is. I hope you feel better soon and find some comfort for your loss as you create.
dana

Christine March 13, 2011 at 9:59 AM  

I thought the same as Sinderella, that the sketch captures your emotions. Sorry for your loss.

Jehanne's doodles March 13, 2011 at 10:26 AM  

The is a wonderful sketch. Looking forward to seeing it coloured.
Sorry to hear of your lost.

Unknown March 13, 2011 at 11:05 AM  

oh she is super!!! what a great piece!!!!

Tammie Lee March 13, 2011 at 11:06 AM  

That is so sad about your boyfriend. I wish you well.

Your lady is lovely. Don't you just hate it when the paper buckles!

Nelly March 13, 2011 at 11:51 AM  

Oh so beautiful. I love the way she is positioned. Sending you well wishes and good thoughts for peace and strength.

Debbie March 13, 2011 at 12:25 PM  

I'm sorry to hear about your boyfriend. Your sketch is very nice! xoxo

lissa March 13, 2011 at 1:03 PM  

lovely pose and I like the hat. hope you are having a great sunday.

Heather Foust March 13, 2011 at 2:18 PM  

This is sooo lovely!!! I did not know about your boyfriend. I am so sorry to hear that!

Kat W March 13, 2011 at 2:19 PM  

A very good sketch; you have a lot of talent.

I've only just discovered your blog via IA (& am glad to see you're signed up for paint party friday) & have been enjoying a look around. I'm very sorry to learn that you lost your boyfriend. I find creativity helps me through a lot of things and so I hope that it offers you comfort too. I Note on an earlier post that you mention joining challenges. If you've not already discovered it www.creativeeveryday.com is a wonderful community run by a really lovely lady called Leah. Joining them last year had a very positive effect on me and offered inspirational support.

Great to 'meet' you.
Kat :-)

Morph Waffle March 13, 2011 at 2:28 PM  

Sorry to hear about your boyfriend, stay strong. Lovely sketch.

Julia Christie March 13, 2011 at 2:39 PM  

Very sorry to hear about your boyfriend - I cannot imagine such a loss - will it help to focus on the postive memories you have of him, how much he loved and encouraged your art? This sketch is really a wonderful start and I hope you do finish it! Be sure to share with us if you do.

Hugs and warm thoughts sent your way...
you are an incredible artist!

Smiles

Alexandra MacVean March 13, 2011 at 6:51 PM  

I think she is absolutely lovely, Deanna. So elegant. Just like you! Hang in there and please let me know if there is anything I can do. LOTS of hugs to you.

Hannah March 14, 2011 at 2:02 AM  

She looks so elegant. Sorry to hear about your boyfriend. I hope tomorrow is a better day.

Angela Sullivan March 14, 2011 at 8:18 AM  

Tis is such a simple drawing which makes such a bold beautiful statement.

Helen March 16, 2011 at 4:05 PM  

An amazing drawing, I really love it. Sorry to hear it's a hard time for you at the moment, time is a great healer x

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog, posts and artwork!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

All artwork contained in this blog are original works by Deanna Millard unless otherwise stated.

Challenge Yourself

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP