Popular Posts

Happy St. Patty's Day!

>> Thursday, March 17, 2011

I'm not really doing anything special for St Patty's Day, in fact our electricity is supposed to be shut off between 10a - 3p so they can inspect our meters.  I guess it's a good thing that we're going to work early today.  The image above was some watercolor practice from a book I found at the library.  The bottom images was teaching shadows with the wet on dry technique.  I don't think I love the hard edges but I did actually do some practice before jumping into a whole large piece. lol.

The image below was another practice piece.  It was some brickwork which I don't think turned out too badly.  I realize that I need to space the bricks closer together and on the edges where it was pretty much obliterated the instructions were to use your soft brush and fade it.  Well, either my paint was still to wet, my brush was too wet or I used to much pressure because I pretty much erased it.  Another lesson learned.

Not sure I'll have a masterpiece for Paint Party Friday but I will have something!

5 Wonderfully Stated Opinions!:

Heather March 17, 2011 at 8:57 AM  

i love the pink and yellow shade in the top piece.
your bricks looks good too, they are so fun to do....but time consuming. watercolor can be addictive! have a great day - ill see you tomorrow at the paint party! xo

Alexandra MacVean March 17, 2011 at 9:42 AM  

I think you're doing a fine job, Deanna. That first one is very pretty and full of smiles. Love the colours. Keep at it. Practice makes perfect. :) Hugs!

Crafting Queen March 17, 2011 at 12:43 PM  

Lovely pieces, really like the brick work.

Sinderella's Studio March 20, 2011 at 7:58 AM  

I love both practice pieces... that's the type of stuff I should be doing - yours comes out beautiful, mine is usually mud.
thanks for sharing this!!!!
cheers, dana

Unknown March 23, 2011 at 12:19 AM  

Hi, Deanna! I'm just looking around and found your blog. I think your practice pieces turned out good. I especially like the brickwork because it looks like an abstract art. Keep on posting!

John Briner Art

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog, posts and artwork!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

All artwork contained in this blog are original works by Deanna Millard unless otherwise stated.

Challenge Yourself

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP