Popular Posts

Columbine Flower

>> Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Columbine Flower
I sketched this at work last night and while I don't hate it, I know it's not my best work.  I haven't been feeling well since Saturday afternoon.  Extremely nauseous and haven't been able to eat much because most of it comes right back up.  It was so bad at work last night I was sketching just to try to keep my mind off of it.  Not sure if I have a bug or if it's my GERD, change of seasons is typically bad for my tummy but I haven't been this sick because of it since I was first diagnosed.

Ok, enough whining.  I tried my new Prismacolor turquoise pencils and while the graphite is definitely softer, I did notice some scratching just like with my cheaper set.  It's much easier to get the dark colors with the new pencils though, which leads me to wonder why anyone would need a 9B and why they didn't include and H or an F?  I'm happy with the color I get from them  though.  I added the black lines with my new Sharpie pen, which again, I absolutely love.  

I was trying to keep this short and sweet and I've rambled on again.  Happy Tuesday!

7 Wonderfully Stated Opinions!:

Heather March 22, 2011 at 9:08 AM  

I think this is so well done. Really looks like it should be in a little flower book.
Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well...take it easy. Usually around the change of season people do become under the weather. Get some rest and some sunshine to brighten your day!
sketch is AWESOME

GlorV1 March 22, 2011 at 10:26 AM  

I think this is a great sketch of a Columbine flower. Well done. I hope you feel better soon. Great work.

Crafting Queen March 22, 2011 at 12:11 PM  

It thinks it's a wonderful sketch! Sorry you are not feeling well, hope you feel better soon. Hugs.

Linda E. Pruitt March 22, 2011 at 6:17 PM  

Sorry you are not feeling well. I should be this talented, when I am not feeliing well!!

Unknown March 22, 2011 at 10:26 PM  

oh so sorry to hear you are under the weather....I hope you get much better soon....I love this new piece....it is gorgeous!!! and I have never really just used pencils...so I think you have inspired me to do some fun sketches....

Beautiful Columnine flower Deanna!!

Have a wonderful day!!!

Lori P March 23, 2011 at 6:49 AM  

I think it's a really nice sketch! And I agree, sharpies rock. :)

maddyrose March 23, 2011 at 9:02 AM  

Sorry to hear you're under the weather and hope you're feeling better soon. This is a very nice pencil sketch and the addition of the Sharpie makes it pop.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog, posts and artwork!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

All artwork contained in this blog are original works by Deanna Millard unless otherwise stated.

Challenge Yourself

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP