Popular Posts

Inspiration Avenue - Mother and Sweet Saturdays

>> Saturday, April 16, 2011

"Mother"
I'm using this image for both Inspiration Avenue's prompt and Sweet Saturdays as I think it fits for both.  I had a lot of fun with this one.  My distant trees aren't exactly the greatest but I still love this one.  I think it's my new fave!  BTW, it is the first painting I've put my signature on.  EEEHH!  I was so tempted not to but I know I should get used to adding it.  I think next time I will make it more subtle though.  Don't want it to distract from the painting itself so much.

To view all of the Inspiration Avenue submissions click here.
To view all of the Sweet Saturdays hosted by the lovely and extremely talented Diana Evans click here.

18 Wonderfully Stated Opinions!:

Crystal April 16, 2011 at 8:46 AM  

I love the way you painted the distant trees. Since they are so muted it puts the focus on your adorable mommy and baby giraffe! I love it. :-)

GlorV1 April 16, 2011 at 9:00 AM  

Your distant trees are great! Love your mama and baby. Well done.

Unknown April 16, 2011 at 9:07 AM  

this is such a precious piece Deanna!!! I think there is nothing as sweet as a Mother's love....you have really captured a feeling with this painting.....I am so grateful you shared it with us for Sweet Saturdays....perfection!!!!

Have a wonderful weekend!!!!

Unknown April 16, 2011 at 9:16 AM  

What a lovely painting. Giraffes are so interesting to watch. Such beautiful big eyes and long graceful legs and necks.

maddyrose April 16, 2011 at 9:28 AM  

This is a lovely piece, Deanna, and there's nothing wrong with the distant trees. The giraffes are very nicely done and very life like.

Christine April 16, 2011 at 10:23 AM  

awww, this is sooo sweet. Great job Deanna.

Victoria April 16, 2011 at 10:30 AM  

Wow...I love love this. Fabulous work..this is outstanding!
Victoria~

Heather April 16, 2011 at 10:41 AM  

This is ADORABLE...oh i jjust love it...i think it's my new favorite of yours too! The trees look fine! It's just darling!!!!!!!! Can you tell i like it! xo

Carola Bartz April 16, 2011 at 11:41 AM  

This is very touching. I love it.

Alexandra MacVean April 16, 2011 at 12:38 PM  

Oh gosh....this painting is incredible! Nice job and oh so cuddly sweet. :)

EVA April 16, 2011 at 3:21 PM  

This is adorable!!

Lovely!

Isn't it hard to sign things. I've start but find it a challenge every time.

WrightStuff April 16, 2011 at 3:22 PM  

Who cares about the trees - I was too busy looking at the adorable giraffes! This is so lovely. I'm glad you're using it as your header as it deserves to be seen every day.

Morph Waffle April 16, 2011 at 5:54 PM  

Awww, this is so sweet, love it! Giraffes have always been one of my favorites!

Julia Christie April 16, 2011 at 5:59 PM  

What a sweet and beautiful piece! I think this is my new fav of your paintings too! wonderfully soft and full of the joy of mama and baby!

Smiles

Carmen April 16, 2011 at 6:49 PM  

How do I keep missing your posts - I was sure you were on my sidebar!

Your recent posts are gorgeous! Love this one and that moon is stunning!

Doesn't that Figure Drawing book look amazing? I'm definitely getting it - have been saving my Amazon vouchers - you are in the US aren't you? It's on Book Depositary - a couple of £'s more than Amazon.co.uk I noticed but free postage! Oh and just to say - sorry I haven't posted your book yet - vbeen manic here with the kids being off but it's all parcelled up, going to get OH to take it with his deliveries on Monday.

Hannah April 17, 2011 at 2:31 AM  

This is such a moving piece. Well done :)

Unknown April 17, 2011 at 9:00 AM  

I LOVE, love, love this- you really captured that nurturing feeling between a mother and child that is present no matter what species the subject is. Beautiful work!

Priti Lisa April 17, 2011 at 9:06 AM  

I LOVE giraffes! This painting is absolutely wonderful!
xox

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog, posts and artwork!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

All artwork contained in this blog are original works by Deanna Millard unless otherwise stated.

Challenge Yourself

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP