Popular Posts

Inspiration Avenue - Black, White and Pink

>> Thursday, March 10, 2011

This week's Inspiration Avenue weekly challenge was Black, White and Pink.  I immediately thought of a ballerina so I sketched one while I was at work and broke out my water colors when I got home.  I really like her; however, if I were to do it again, I would not put any facial features.  That's the one part I really don't like.  I had a ton of fun with this one and really let myself go and not worry about trying to be perfect.  

I've also realized lately that I'm loving the color pink.  Purple has been my favorite since I was little but lately everything I like happens to be pink!

12 Wonderfully Stated Opinions!:

Pauliina March 10, 2011 at 1:15 AM  

I like your ballerina! She looks so happy dancing :o)

Dolly Daydreams March 10, 2011 at 2:45 AM  

Beautiful ballerina, fantastic take on the theme, Marie

Heather March 10, 2011 at 6:58 AM  

very pretty. i love pink, too! Hee. when i was little i wanted to live in a pink house...Love what you did with this and the black background! have a great day!

Hello, I'm Vicki March 10, 2011 at 10:36 AM  

wow she is really pretty, gorgeous sketch. maybe you could have left her facial features lightly sketched??
thanks for the comment on my blog - we're headed for snow soon too xx

Lesley March 10, 2011 at 1:00 PM  

I love pink too, your ballerina is lovely!

Kristin Dudish March 13, 2011 at 12:30 PM  

Such a lovely ballerina (and I think the shading on the skirt is great)

xo
Kristin

Priti Lisa March 13, 2011 at 12:41 PM  

I was thinking of a ballerina too!
So glad you actually went through with it :)
xo

artangel March 13, 2011 at 1:33 PM  

This is really pretty! I like the way you've shaded the watercolours on her dress.

Kat W March 13, 2011 at 2:06 PM  

She is beautiful. You've managed to create depth and movement in her skirt which is clever. Great take on this week's theme.

Kat :-)

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog, posts and artwork!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

All artwork contained in this blog are original works by Deanna Millard unless otherwise stated.

Challenge Yourself

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP