Popular Posts

Sunday Sketches

>> Sunday, March 06, 2011


It's so nice to be sketching again and I'm so excited to be contributing to Sunday Sketches again!  I love sketching birds.  They're pretty easy to do and they're just so darned cute.  I sketched this little one from an image I found on the web.  I'm trying to work outside of the sketch books I have as it's easy to draw something that has step by step photos of how to add the shading and everything.  I think it turned out pretty good.  Much better than the last few things I tried sketching.  I guess it's partly because I really love the subject and I'm not just doing it because it's one of the exercises in my books.

I found a really good watercolor book at the library so hopefully next Sunday I'll have something in color for you all!

22 Wonderfully Stated Opinions!:

Tammie Lee March 6, 2011 at 12:34 AM  

Deanna,
This is wonderfully cute, I can tell that you love this little critter.

KateHolloman March 6, 2011 at 12:39 AM  

oh goodie!! :) I love birds! very nice sketch :)

Heather Foust March 6, 2011 at 1:43 AM  

This little bird is sooo cute! Very charming!

Unknown March 6, 2011 at 1:59 AM  

This little bird is very cute. I like sketching birds too...welcome back

Unknown March 6, 2011 at 4:50 AM  

Good for you, putting the "book" aside! I love the little bird!

WrightStuff March 6, 2011 at 5:19 AM  

Deanna - you're right, birds are so cute!

I was so sorry to hear about your loss, my thoughts go out to you.

In terms of classes, you might like this one which starts soon - The Experimental Art Course by Amelia Critchlow. I've taken this before and loved it. It's all about letting go. It might be just what you need.


http://www.ameliacritchlow.co.uk/section354449.html

Marlene March 6, 2011 at 7:36 AM  

Very cute little bird, well done. Reminds me of all the little guys I have visiting my feeders right now.

Christine March 6, 2011 at 8:56 AM  

well done, it doesn't look easy at all!

Morph Waffle March 6, 2011 at 9:28 AM  

This is sooooooo cute, beautiful drawing!

Unknown March 6, 2011 at 9:48 AM  

oh I love your cute little feathered friend!!! wonderful work Deanna!!!!

Kristin Aquariann March 6, 2011 at 10:20 AM  

What a cutie! ^.^

And yay, I'm excited to hear I inspired you to break out the Prismacolor pencils. I can't wait to see what you create with them!

Reflections March 6, 2011 at 10:24 AM  

Cute little guy! You are doing wonderful with the shading.

I was glancing over your blog. Fantastic pieces.

Heather March 6, 2011 at 10:24 AM  

Deanna,
so good to see your sketches, again.

i think your bird came out just lovely. really, love the dark background you have created. and the texture of the bird itself. very nice! i have been hearing these little guys outside my windows....and they sing the sweetest song! enjoy your day - heather

Nelly March 6, 2011 at 11:13 AM  

I love your bird. I have a recent new love of the shape of birds, I am not sure why. You captured this little lovely beautifully.

lissa March 6, 2011 at 12:12 PM  

sweet drawing, the feathers lines has a nice texture and softness

Sinderella's Studio March 6, 2011 at 12:48 PM  

I love your sketching - the still life below is great too - you are a little too critical of yourself. Can't wait to see next weeks!!!
cheers, dana

Julia Christie March 6, 2011 at 12:50 PM  

Cute little bird! I love love love birds - love to watch them for hours - they are so industrious!
Lovely to see you here again!

Smiles

Alexandra MacVean March 6, 2011 at 4:37 PM  

Welcome back, Deanna. I think I left you a comment on a few posts back earlier this morning. =)

I love your sketch of this bird. Reminds me of the ones we had growing up - loved the morning songs they would whistle away. Comforting. =) Your artwork is truly amazing and I wish I had HALF the talent that you have.

Thank you for your encouraging words and comfort. Hugs

Betsy Brock March 6, 2011 at 5:13 PM  

Oh, this is lovely! I'm partial to birds so I immediately loved it!

Kristin Dudish March 6, 2011 at 9:16 PM  

This bird is great... perfect for Spring!

Thank you so much for putting the Paint Party Friday button on your blog - I'm really excited about it & can't wait to see what you create (watercolors maybe?)

I'll add your link to the sidebar :)

xo
Kristin

Jehanne's doodles March 6, 2011 at 9:35 PM  

oh this is gorgeous. You have captured the expression wonderfully:)

Hannah March 8, 2011 at 3:03 AM  

What a beautiful sketch! You are very talented and I look forward to exploring your blog and seeing more of your work.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog, posts and artwork!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

All artwork contained in this blog are original works by Deanna Millard unless otherwise stated.

Challenge Yourself

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP