Popular Posts

Playing with Watercolors and Apartment Hunting

>> Thursday, April 14, 2011

Well, the hunt for an apartment is still on.  The guy with the condo did email me on Sunday saying he had been called in to work last weekend and would be able to show us any time this week.  I emailed him back, twice, and have not heard back from him.  I have given up on that one.  Even if for some reason he did finally email me, it makes me a little leery.  What if we moved in and there was an emergency and I can't get a hold of him.  No thanks.  So we're scheduled to look at a different apartment on Sunday and I have a few more prospects to call still.  I have not given up hope...yet.

I bought some new watercolors yesterday.  Not the best idea I've had since money is so tight but every now and then you just have to treat yourself.  I picked up the Koi Water Colors Pocket Field Sketch Box from Hobby Lobby, with the 40% off coupon so I don't feel quite as guilty. lol.  The little scene above is what I came up with.  Not a masterpiece by any means but it was sure fun to play with new watercolors.  I love the little box they come in and it came with the water brush (where you fill the reservoir with water if you are out in the field).  I haven't tried the brush itself yet but I may give it a whirl later today.  Can't wait for PPF tomorrow.  I have a watercolor I painted last Friday that I'm super proud of.  :)

Hope you are having a good week so far.  Thanks for stopping by!

7 Wonderfully Stated Opinions!:

Heather April 14, 2011 at 8:56 AM  

Hi,
I agree, if he can't call you back when you are a potential renter ( money source for him) don't bother. it wasn't meant to be...brighter pastures await you my friend!
I am liking the new water colors, too!! - I can't wait to see what you have done for PPF! See you then, enjoy your day. xo

Crafting Queen April 14, 2011 at 9:02 AM  

Sorry about the apartment, hope you find the right one soon. Lovely watercolour scene, lovely colours. :)

Julia Christie April 14, 2011 at 1:28 PM  

Still wishing you the best in this search, and sending you hopeful thoughts!

Wonderful watercolor - be fun to see what you come up with tomorrow!

Smiles

Alexandra MacVean April 14, 2011 at 1:49 PM  

I continue to wish you the best in finding a new place. It's a challange at times finding the "right" place, isn't it? Hang in there. The perfect one will come along.

And hey...YES, we do need to treat ourselves from time to time. It's healthy for us emotionally and spiritually. Glad you were able to do that. Hugs!

Jamie April 14, 2011 at 3:00 PM  

Good luck with the apartment hunt - that kind of thing is never fun or easy.

Christine April 14, 2011 at 7:41 PM  

love your painting...good luck with the hunt, hang in there. I'm looking forward to ppf too.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog, posts and artwork!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

All artwork contained in this blog are original works by Deanna Millard unless otherwise stated.

Challenge Yourself

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP