Popular Posts

Watercolor Wednesdays - Morning Glory

>> Wednesday, April 03, 2013

'Morning Glory' Watercolor on Canson 140lb cold press paper
Hello and happy Wednesday!  I hope you all had a wonderful Easter.  My very patient Honey endured shoe shopping, three different stores and about 20 dress changes, including purchasing one dress, then changing my mind and wanting a different dress so I would have the perfect look for Easter brunch.  Let's just say by the end of the day he wasn't quite so patient with me.  But...I found the absolute perfect dress and he agreed that it looked better than the original one I picked and it's a great summery dress so I can wear it again without feeling overly dressed. And...it reminds me of a watercolor painting! I'm not much of a girly girl so dress shopping with me is pretty much a nightmare.

Some Easter photos:
Me and my Honey at brunch
Me and my bestie Heather and her daughter Brooke
Anyway, this is my Watercolor Wednesday submission.  I found the pattern in the April 2013 Paint Works magazine and immediately fell in love with the look and I got to try a new technique, pouring, which I found pretty exciting as the paint just kind of does what it wants.  Then you background paint the leaves and stems.  It's not perfect but it's not bad for my first try.

If you would like to link up to Watercolor Wednesdays, just add your info to Mr Linky below.  Please be sure to link to your blog post and not your blog home page.


2 Wonderfully Stated Opinions!:

Bridgit's Bell April 4, 2013 at 9:55 AM  

Beautiful morning glory, a favorite flower of mine. Thanks for your lovely comment on Bridgit's Bell.

Victoria April 7, 2013 at 6:59 AM  

This sounds like such fun..I hope to play some time for sure!
Beautiful Morning Glory..stunning..and bold color presence.wonderful painting...I love mg's "a must-have" in my garden every summer!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog, posts and artwork!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

All artwork contained in this blog are original works by Deanna Millard unless otherwise stated.

Challenge Yourself

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP