Popular Posts

Paint Party Friday - Tranquility

>> Friday, April 19, 2013

After the crazy storms and major flooding we had yesterday I wanted to paint something tranquil. A place I would very much like to be right now. And this is what I came up with, a nice little beach with an inviting view of the sea and a beckoning lighthouse. A girl can dream right?
Linking up to PPF
I will be working all day today and tomorrow (I got the job at Walmart as the new cake decorator!) and my internet is down due to the storms so it may take me a while to comment on all the wonderful artwork. I would also like to thank everyone for the tremendous response and wonderful comments you left last Friday for Drawing Drew. I can not express how much it means to me.

33 Wonderfully Stated Opinions!:

Elisa April 18, 2013 at 11:17 PM  

wow so happy for you deanna! Congratulations! Can we see your decorated cakes if ever? Lol. And your beach painting is just so serene and inviting. Brings calming effects. Enjoy your work tom! :)

Dianne April 18, 2013 at 11:22 PM  

Tranquil indeed...soft and soothing. I love that about watercolors. Beautiful work! happy PPF...

GlorV1 April 18, 2013 at 11:41 PM  

Congrats on your new job at Walmart. Enjoy your work. Love your painting, very tranquil. Yes that is the right word for it. Peaceful. Nice coloring. Thank you.

www.dorissdaughter.com April 18, 2013 at 11:49 PM  

Beautiful colours and so relaxing to look at

sharon April 19, 2013 at 12:02 AM  

Very calming and peaceful work - beautiful.

Tracey FK April 19, 2013 at 12:18 AM  

We have had a week of wild storms to see out the last of the summer heat and so I appreciate your tranquil scene... hope you are loving the new job!!!

Giggles April 19, 2013 at 12:45 AM  

Congratulations on the new job...it will foster your creative spirit even if it's very hard work.. Very peaceful painting....pretty!!

I hope you find peace!!

Hugs Giggles

Ginny April 19, 2013 at 12:47 AM  

Congratulations on your new job. I would love to visit your beach. It looks so soft and peaceful. It's lovely.

denthe April 19, 2013 at 1:10 AM  

Yes, indeed, very very inviting. Would love to be there too!

froebelsternchen April 19, 2013 at 1:52 AM  

Deanna - it´s wonderful!
xxx

Susi
from
monthly challengeblog to join:
ART-JOURNAL-JOURNEY

Anonymous,  April 19, 2013 at 1:53 AM  

Congratulations on your job. Last week it really sounded like this was something that would make you happy. Wacky weather out there - your tranquil painting really makes me feel calm....Happy PPF xox

Ilona Heimböckel April 19, 2013 at 2:39 AM  

Who wouldn't like to be in that place? :-)
A peaceful atmosphere you have created.

Happy PPF!

Ilona

ann @ studiohyde April 19, 2013 at 4:07 AM  

Lovely painting, so calm. Sorry you have suffered the storms (it was very windy here a couple of nights ago and things got blown about in our garden)...calm now though. Congrats on getting the job - hope you are enjoying it. Happy PPF!

Anne Manda April 19, 2013 at 4:16 AM  

Beautiful, serene watercolor, exquiste piece! <3

Clare Lloyd April 19, 2013 at 6:14 AM  

very relaxing and tranquil. x

Erika April 19, 2013 at 6:43 AM  

Congratulations on your Job! I am glad to read about this :)
Your painting is perfect. Love the mood.
Happy PPF and hugs
Erika

Angela Sullivan April 19, 2013 at 7:02 AM  

Love the peaceful feel of this. Beautifully done.

Maria Medeiros April 19, 2013 at 7:04 AM  

How beautiful!! Very lovely!!

Rhonda Halushka April 19, 2013 at 8:32 AM  

Beautiful! So tranquil... I want to go there! Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier!

Netty April 19, 2013 at 10:39 AM  

Beautiful and tranquil scene.Happy PPF, Annette x

http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

Victoria April 19, 2013 at 11:49 AM  

Such gentle power and beauty this painting holds..and yes it totally emanates with peacefulness! The colors are divine and blissfully serene and also mesmerizing! Wonderful!
Yay..Many Congrats ..I am so thrilled for you..many blessings and sparkles on your new journey!
Victoria

Linda Kunsman April 19, 2013 at 12:36 PM  

Oh can I ever dream about being at this lovely seascape...
Congrats on your job-sounds like fun!!! Hope you get your power back soon-I know it's no fun. Happy PPF!

Ivy April 19, 2013 at 1:07 PM  

Beautifully done, so soft and dreamy. HPPF!

Unknown April 19, 2013 at 1:50 PM  

Congrats on the new job! Love these paintings, especially the shoreline on the top one. Love watching those retreating waves!

bellefrogworks April 19, 2013 at 9:19 PM  

What a lovely painting - we have a beach like that here in Beaufort SC. Congrats on the new job. HPPF

Ayala Art April 20, 2013 at 1:57 PM  

I think the last thing I would draw after a flood is more water hehehe But your painting is beautiful and peaceful. I hope you get things settle again soon. I want cake!

DVArtist April 20, 2013 at 4:23 PM  

This is wonderful. I love this painting. Very nice.
Nicole/Beadwright

Kristin April 20, 2013 at 6:26 PM  

BEAUTIFUL, etherial painting! Lovely work - and congrats on your new job! xoxo

Joy Murray April 20, 2013 at 6:49 PM  

A sight for sore eyes -- I love this tranquil piece. So glad you got your job and that you still have time (a little) to paint and share.

Annabelle April 21, 2013 at 6:38 AM  

I could just sit there and dream .....Lovely work: )

PiaRom April 23, 2013 at 4:18 PM  

such wonderful relaxing and dreaming landscape scene...the colors are so real...I can hear the shore for real ;) hope our internet will work soon again ♥ Conny
http://piaromsartjournaling.blogspot.de

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog, posts and artwork!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

All artwork contained in this blog are original works by Deanna Millard unless otherwise stated.

Challenge Yourself

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP