Popular Posts

Inspiration Avenue - April Showers

>> Thursday, April 04, 2013

'April Showers' Watercolor on Canson 140lb Cold Press Paper
It's that time of year again, Spring is here and the rain is due to start early next week.  I've never attempted rain in watercolors and I think for my first try it turned out pretty good.  I'm not a huge fan of the rain, well, I guess it's more the storms than actual rain.  I may be 45 years old but I still hide under the covers during a nasty bout of thunder and lightning!

I'm linking up to Inspiration Avenue for the first time in months so I hope you hop on over and check out the other wonderful artists that are also participating in this week's challenge, April.

8 Wonderfully Stated Opinions!:

Diane April 4, 2013 at 6:19 AM  

Thanks for the blog visit. Cheap Trick Day is real but little known, I think. Great rain paiinting! Hope we don't get a ton of rain this April!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA April 4, 2013 at 6:29 AM  

What a cute watercolor! We've already got a thunderstorm here on Tuesday, so I'm just praying that we don't get any floods. Blessings!

Unknown April 4, 2013 at 6:29 AM  

Aw I really like this and perfectly appropriate (whenever the rain finally arrives that is!) Great watercolour.

Deborah Verhoeven April 5, 2013 at 7:36 AM  

I love your rain girl. She reminds me of the Morton Salt girl. I actually love thunderstorms. My biggest fear is that my computer might get zapped.

Felicity April 6, 2013 at 8:22 AM  

well done :) I love this rain
Nat

Faye April 6, 2013 at 8:32 AM  

Deanna, your watercolor of the girl walking in the rain is fantastic. I love rain and was thrilled when my mother would let us run out and play in it. (Not if there was lightning, though.)

Lou Anne Hazel April 6, 2013 at 1:43 PM  

I'm so glad you came back to IA for this week's challenge! Your girl in the rain is a perfect tribute to April showers. Your watercolor rain seems much less threatening than a thunderstorm!

Beverley Baird April 6, 2013 at 10:38 PM  

Love your watercolour! Better an unbrella than a shovel! We should be getting more rain next week.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog, posts and artwork!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

All artwork contained in this blog are original works by Deanna Millard unless otherwise stated.

Challenge Yourself

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP