Popular Posts

IF - Wild

>> Monday, April 15, 2013


This week's Illustration Friday prompt was Wild.  Although I actually drew this a few weeks ago I thought it fit perfectly with the theme.  I typically stay at my boyfriend's house a few days a week and let me tell you it's like the wild kingdom in their backyard!  We feed the squirrels everyday and they must have told some friends.  Just this morning there were six squirrels, a male and a female duck, birds and a bunny.  I love just sitting and watching them and was inspired to do this little guy.  They each have their own personalities and are just so stinking cute!

I've been trying to get a good picture of the ducks, the male is absolutely beautiful but they are a little more timid than the squirrels and don't venture too far from the edge of the pool.  (They have a huge in ground pool that goes 11 feet deep at one end so the ducks have plenty of space to play right now.)  If I get a good photo of one I'm going to attempt sketching one or both of them as well.

I just love nature and watching the animals and what inspiration just outside my (err, my honey's) back door!

2 Wonderfully Stated Opinions!:

Annette T. April 15, 2013 at 12:31 PM  

Hi Deanna, I'm a new follower. Love your sketch. Almost at any given time we have 3 to 4 squirrels running over to get the dog food! They tempt my little dog that stays in the house all the time. I'm also painting in water colors now after years of acrylics and I love seeing the works of different artists!

Netty April 16, 2013 at 1:49 PM  

Loving your great squirrel sketch, Annette

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog, posts and artwork!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

All artwork contained in this blog are original works by Deanna Millard unless otherwise stated.

Challenge Yourself

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP