Popular Posts

A Midsummer Night's Secret Dream Party

>> Saturday, July 17, 2010

 
It's here, it's here!  A Midsummer Night's Secret Dream Party is finally here!  It's a magical night when the fairies come out to listen to your deepest creative secrets.  Hosted by A Stuffed Life with participation from some very talented people.  Please be sure to visit everyone by clicking the links in the sidebar of the Midsummer Night's blog which you can reach by clicking the link above.

I had planned on doing a witty, creative little story for my Secret Dream; however, we've had a really bad day with one of our feathered friends and I just don't have it in me.  Our beautiful little Sunny seems to have broken one of her legs.  She doesn't seem to be in any pain but she can not bear weight on it and the claw part of her foot is limp.  Unfortunately, we are not in a financial position to take her to a vet, especially on an emergency basis so we had to try to splint it ourselves, which has not been an easy process.  I'm hoping she will be ok in the long run so if there are any fairies listening, my current secret dream is for my poor little bird to be feeling well and back to her usual feisty self.

As for my projects for this blog party, I had planned on having three pieces.  A watercolor, an acrylic and an oil pastel.  The acrylic did not go well at all and by the end of it I was ready to throw it against the wall.  I love the vibrant colors in my oil pastel sunset but the photo just doesn't do it justice.  Wasn't in the mood to try to get better ones.  I do love my watercolor and I tried something new with them, I not only used the ones in the tubes instead of the cakes/pan (not sure what they're called), I also used a cotton canvas board instead of watercolor paper.  

Without further ado...


Watercolor on Cotton Canvas Board

Oil Pastels on Acrylic Paper

7 Wonderfully Stated Opinions!:

Meesh July 17, 2010 at 10:04 PM  

Deanna, your watercolors for the Midsummer blog party are lovely. Sending out good thoughts for Sunny, as I'm also nursing a sick pet back to health. Hope your little bird friend recovers well!

Surviving Grannie's Guide

fawndear July 18, 2010 at 2:58 AM  

Vet's must make a killing with what they charge now-a-days. Hopefully your feathered friend will be okay.
Love your paintings. There is special magic in art and you've captured some enchantment with these pieces.
Thank you for sharing your talent.

Tootles,
FawnDear

Katy Cameron July 18, 2010 at 5:09 AM  

Sorry to hear about your feathered friend, hope she feels better very soon.

Thank you for sharing your dream paintings despite that. I know what you mean about acrylics, I had a definite love/hate thing with them at school, I much preferred watercolours or coloured pencils. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with next

Autumn Leaves July 18, 2010 at 5:34 AM  

Both of these paintings are wonderful, Deanna! I think I'd like oil pastels much more than the chalk ones...dust everywhere with those!

My heart breaks for your Sunny (I used to have a bird named Sunny and we gave it to a lady who ended up giving it to her brother...that wouldn't be your BF, would it?). He was a Sun Conure and was so very attached to me it wasn't even funny.

I know what it is to be broke; my husband found out on Friday that he is out of a job, effective immediately. Scary times ahead. But whatevs, I s'pose.

Anonymous,  July 18, 2010 at 6:20 AM  

Deanna, thank you for introducing me to your wonderful site.
Sending best wishes and hopes for positive healing for Sunny.
I know what you mean about vet costs, and we do as much as we can at home as well.

As you know, my creative writing for the party never materialized. First computer problems, then power went off totally! And the heat did not even diminish with the rain. :(

Your artwork is beautiful. I will browse your creativity camp posts.
I believe in trying new mediums and methods frequently.
Which may be why I get so little done, but keeps the art interesting for me.

Jamie July 18, 2010 at 8:24 AM  

Both of your pieces turned out beautifully.

Anonymous,  July 18, 2010 at 12:59 PM  

Your paintings are beautiful, Deanna! I've signed up to follow so I will return to see more of your work. Love your wish list of books, too...

Your kind comments on my post are much appreciated. We dreamers have to stand together!

Lynette

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog, posts and artwork!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

All artwork contained in this blog are original works by Deanna Millard unless otherwise stated.

Challenge Yourself

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP