Popular Posts

PPF - Tuscan Window

>> Friday, March 22, 2013

11x13 Watercolor on Canson 140lb Coldpress Paper
So much has been going on the past few months.  I feel like I've been gone forever.  Christmas was absolutely wonderful despite having bronchitis.  My wonderful boyfriend gave me a plasma tv, a kitchenaid mixer and a $100 giftcard to Michaels! Yes I am spoiled! I used my giftcard to purchase my Bob Ross oil paints and have been painting away.  I hope to share those over the next few weeks.

The new year brought the flu, I feel as though I have been sick more often than not this year, ugh! Two rounds of bronchitis, the flu, the stomach flu and just recently a cold.  I'm thinking it's because I'm not typically around little ones until meeting my boyfriends very large family.  Every time one of the kids has the sniffles, I get sick.

 February brought the death of one of my boyfriend's brothers. My boyfriend is the youngest of nine children and they are all very close.  It was hard to watch him go through that kind of pain.  It also brought my birthday and more spoiling from my boyfriend in the form of Kohls and Hobby Lobby giftcards. I got some great clearance deals at Kohls and a wonderful Wilton cake decorating kit along with some painting supplies from Hobby Lobby.

So far March has proved to be following along with the previous months bad luck, my bf's family dog got very sick.  I spent a week there caring for him.  Poor thing could not eat, barely walk and was having a tough time breathing.  After several vet visits and a misdiagnosis it was determined that he had metastatic cancer and we had to put him down.  One of the hardest things I've had to do.  The good news so far this month...my daughter got engaged!  They just moved into a new townhouse and needed some artwork for their walls so she came over and 'stole' some of my oil paintings for her bedroom and has asked me to do an acrylic painting of Ganesha. He's a little Indian elephant god, yikes!  My experience with acrylics has not been the best so far, but it's a pretty simple painting so hopefully it goes well!

Also hoping that April will finally bring some good news as well as some spring weather.  Can't wait to open windows and feel the warmth of the sun.  Hope you all have a great weekend, please stop by Paint Party Friday to see all of the wonderful artists and their creative works!

step one
step two
Step three
The finished piece

25 Wonderfully Stated Opinions!:

Zue March 22, 2013 at 7:03 AM  

The flowers in the window box are just delightful. Sorry you have had sad times.
xx

Ivy March 22, 2013 at 7:10 AM  

Lovely window painting and hugs to you. HPPF!

www.dorissdaughter.com March 22, 2013 at 7:24 AM  

Your painting is beautiful and i love to see you progression pictures. You seem to have already had your fair share of ups and downs for this year I hope sring brings finer times for you. Great news about your daughter :)

Elissa March 22, 2013 at 8:32 AM  

A delightfully charming painting, it's so enlightening to see the progression and how it evolves.

Hoping Spring brings you kinder times ahead. Happy PPF.

Anonymous,  March 22, 2013 at 8:47 AM  

Divine flowers and love the window effect ~ enjoy ^_^

Mary C. Nasser March 22, 2013 at 9:59 AM  

Lovely Tuscan window, Dianna!
How wonderful to see the process of how you painted it!
♥♥♥
Happy PPF!!
Mary
Mixed-Media Map Art

Netty March 22, 2013 at 11:14 AM  

loving your pretty painting and hope things start to improve soon for you.
Happy PPF, Annette x

http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

Susan March 22, 2013 at 12:26 PM  

Oh I love our window! Memories of Mexico for me.

Christine March 22, 2013 at 1:30 PM  

I love your painting! Wishing you a good 'rest of the year', your boyfriend sounds wonderful.

Ginny March 22, 2013 at 1:46 PM  

What a beautiful window. Thank you for sharing the process. I love watching a painting develop. I am wishing you only sunshine and happiness this spring.

Linda Kunsman March 22, 2013 at 3:58 PM  

so sorry for so many difficult situations with illness and losses-but hope springs eternal. What a generous Bf you have!! As soon as I saw your painting it reminded me of one of the many lovely villages I visited in France during my trips.Such sweet memories.Thank you. Happy PPF!

Marji March 22, 2013 at 6:02 PM  

It sounds like things have turned the corner for you with your daughter leading the way. Beautiful artwork.

GlorV1 March 22, 2013 at 6:50 PM  

So sorry about all the downs you've been having. Sometime life can be very hard on us. Here's hoping for a better tomorrow. Keep your head up and keep on doing the beautiful work you do. Boy do I love that window. How I wish it was one of my windows. I'm almost tempted to get our stuccoed home painted that color. Great job! Again sorry about everything. Smile.

Cris, Oregon Artist March 22, 2013 at 9:01 PM  

Hoping things improve for you all. Lovely painting. You really do need to do some English cottages. HPPF

Giggles March 23, 2013 at 4:14 AM  

Wishing you a better April! Lovely progression of your painting!! Very delicate and pretty!

Hugs Giggles

denthe March 23, 2013 at 7:10 AM  

Love the depth in that window and the little cracks. Hope the next months will bring more cheer for you!

PaintingWrite March 23, 2013 at 7:15 AM  

I'm sorry to hear you've had such a rotten start to the year. You and your boyfriend have certainly had more than your fair share of bad luck. I hope your daughter's good news is the start of an upturn in your fortunes.
Your painting is beautiful. I love the warm earthy colours -makes me long to be somewhere warm!

Tammie Dickerson March 23, 2013 at 10:05 PM  

Beautiful! Wishing you all good things for the rest of the year :)

Anne Manda March 24, 2013 at 1:33 AM  

Beautiful painting! The colors are beautiful - very Italian! <3

Elisa March 24, 2013 at 6:14 AM  

beautiful homey painting. love the light reflected!

Unknown March 24, 2013 at 8:20 AM  

beautiful window -- I picture you inside on your sick days, looking out at the sun and spring, healing and getting well. Happy PPF on Saturday!

DVArtist March 25, 2013 at 7:09 AM  

Wonderful painting. Creating though the tough times brings a peace to the heart.
Nicole/Beadwright

Unknown March 26, 2013 at 3:38 AM  

Your painting reminded me of when I visited florence + all the beautiful architecture I saw.

I am sorry to hear of your misfortunes this last few months. I hope spring will bring a breath of freshness to you.

A belated happy PPF!
Kirstin x

Anonymous,  April 1, 2013 at 8:44 AM  

I am always drawn to paintings of windows and doors and this one is so lovely!

Unknown April 13, 2013 at 6:52 PM  

Well here's hoping the bad stuff is finished with. Your picture is wonderful and helps us think of better time to come this year warm weather and new beginnings Have a lovely year HPPF Dxx

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog, posts and artwork!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

All artwork contained in this blog are original works by Deanna Millard unless otherwise stated.

Challenge Yourself

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP