Popular Posts

PPF - Nightfall

>> Friday, December 07, 2012

'Nightfall' Acrylic on 12x12 stretched canvas
I painted this the other day and it is finally one that I absolutely love! After seeing so many holiday related paintings last week it put me in the mood to do a winter scene. Our weather has been unseasonably warm and I figured if I can't have real snow, I'd make my own!  My family is all fighting over who is getting it for Christmas but I'm going to have to keep this one for myself.  Again, sorry for the bad pics, but I have found a fairly reasonably priced new battery for my digital camera but it may have to wait until after Christmas. Linking up with Paint Party Friday, click here to see all of the other wonderful works of art.  Happy Friday!
Close up of the cabin.

Underpainting.

17 Wonderfully Stated Opinions!:

Mary C. Nasser December 7, 2012 at 1:58 PM  

Beautiful winter nightfall painting, Deanna!
I am your newest blog follower, too! :)
♥♥♥
Happy PPF!!
Mary
Mixed-Media Map Art

GlorV1 December 7, 2012 at 2:49 PM  

Oh wow, these would definitely make beautiful Christmas cards. Paint Party Friday makes Xmas cards from photos uploaded. Excellent work. Happy PPF!

Anne Butera December 7, 2012 at 3:41 PM  

Lovely job with your winter painting! And so glad you're keeping it for yourself. Sometimes you just need to do that!

Happy PPF!

Unknown December 7, 2012 at 4:34 PM  

Hi Deanna! Happy Friday to you too!

I love the snowy effect....
alex

sharon December 7, 2012 at 4:41 PM  

No wonder your family is fighting over it, it is lovely.

Christine December 7, 2012 at 4:47 PM  

Just beautiful Deanna! I'm seeing such good work from everyone today!

Netty December 7, 2012 at 5:34 PM  

wow no wonder they all want this fab painting, its winter's magic at its best. Happy PPF, Annette x

Linda E. Pruitt December 7, 2012 at 9:17 PM  

Beautiful! I'm wishing for snow too!

Jen @Sadie Inspired December 7, 2012 at 9:36 PM  

Oh my gosh!! We DO have the same tree! My hubby & I were there standing in line at Home Depot. :)
Your painting is so beautiful. And for this tree lover - those trees are making me swoon. So, so pretty!

Anne Manda December 8, 2012 at 12:59 AM  

Love love love your painting, just awesome winter night scene! Love the way you have captured the magic of snowfall and the majestic spruces and the inviting little cottage! Happy PPF!

JKW December 8, 2012 at 6:20 PM  

This is a beautiful piece of artwork. I love the underpainting to enhance the picture. Blessings, Janet PPF

Elisa December 9, 2012 at 12:59 AM  

this is so beautiful! I look at it back and forth. Great work!

Ritu Dua December 10, 2012 at 2:07 AM  

Amazing winter scene...beautifully captured and painted !

www.dorissdaughter.com December 10, 2012 at 5:33 AM  

You have really caught the essense of a winter wonderland, beautiful scene

denthe December 10, 2012 at 6:58 AM  

Gorgeous! this really is very wintery. Just keep this one for yourself and make prints of it for your family. that way everyone is happy .. ☺

Unknown December 10, 2012 at 1:55 PM  

Deanna - It is stunning! I can totally see why your family is fighting over it + I would keep it too! I love it x

Terri Morse December 12, 2012 at 9:56 AM  

I love the way the moonlight reflects off of the tips of the branches. Beautiful painting! -Terri

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog, posts and artwork!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

All artwork contained in this blog are original works by Deanna Millard unless otherwise stated.

Challenge Yourself

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP