Popular Posts

PPF - Playing With Acrylics

>> Friday, November 30, 2012


My second attempt at acrylics
Wow!  It has been a veeerrry long time since I've been on my blog.  It's amazing how time can go by so quickly.  I was in the mood to paint tonight and decided to link up to the Paint Party Friday blog.  Am I the only one that freezes up when you stand in front of a blank canvas???  This painting was not inspired by anything in nature, just my imagination.  I have a lot more practice to do but I don't think it turned out too bad.  Sorry for the bad pic, my very nice digital camera is having a battery issue and won't hold a charge so I'm stuck with my camera phone and the lighting was not the best at night.  The painting is much darker in person, I was trying to shoot for a deep in the woods look.
Started with this underpainting which I absolutely loved
I think oils are much easier to work with but it is nice that acrylics dry so quickly.
I did this backwards, should have added in the grassy area before putting the trees in
I'm not sure that I love it yet but I think it's not a bad painting and my daughter loves it so it just may find it's way to her house.  To view more paint party Friday submissions, head over here.  Happy Friday!

19 Wonderfully Stated Opinions!:

GlorV1 November 30, 2012 at 10:46 PM  

Excellent work. Love the color. Great job.

Laura December 1, 2012 at 3:50 AM  

Lovely blog Deanna. Beautiful painting of the woods too. Thanks for sharing how you tackled it.

Ginny December 1, 2012 at 5:56 AM  

Lovely painting. When we had a cabin there was a path I used to love to walk along. This was a great reminder of a wonderful place.

carol l mckenna December 1, 2012 at 7:44 AM  

Very creative artwork ~ wonderful 'essence' to it ~ (A Creative Harbor) ^_^

Christine December 1, 2012 at 8:24 AM  

beautiful painting Deanna! Welcome back to blogland, nice to hear from you!

denthe December 1, 2012 at 8:31 AM  

This looks great! love that underpainting too!

Kat Sloma December 1, 2012 at 9:51 AM  

Oh, I love that underpainting too! And then what you did with it... creating a landscape from your imagination. Beautiful. Happy PPF!

AM Zafaran December 1, 2012 at 10:59 AM  

I would like to walk there..down that path under those trees! Looks so peaceful!

Giggles December 1, 2012 at 3:40 PM  

Gorgeous work...Your daughter knows good work when she sees it!! Beautiful...you have a wonderful imagination!!

Hugs Giggles

Kristin December 1, 2012 at 3:57 PM  

Oooh, it makes me want to try oils! I never have - and your painting is really beautiful, thank you for the inspiration, xo!

soulbrush December 1, 2012 at 5:39 PM  

Oh yes I freeze up too. And I hate the smell of oils- so well done you for this fab art.

Netty December 2, 2012 at 6:31 AM  

Loving your gorgeous canvas. Happy PPF, Annette x

K J D December 2, 2012 at 12:47 PM  

I think you got the 'deep in the woods' feeling for sure. It has a great feeling to it....

Karenx

Cris, Oregon Artist December 2, 2012 at 12:55 PM  

Nicely done. Don't you love it when your family is so supportive? HPPF

Unknown December 2, 2012 at 2:32 PM  

I think you piece looks so lovely and serene. I often have problems with a blank canvas. So I cover it in something as soon as possible! x

www.dorissdaughter.com December 3, 2012 at 2:51 AM  

Lovely work. i like to see the progression photos

Anonymous,  December 3, 2012 at 7:09 PM  

Lovely and lush! And foliage is hard, IMO! I, too, think oils are easier to work in but like that acrylics dry faster. It's nice that we don't have to choose just one medium. :)

Karen Smithey December 6, 2012 at 4:50 PM  

I'm with your daughter, but I also agree with you--LOVE the underpainting!

PiaRom December 7, 2012 at 12:16 PM  

Wow, you are very talented! But for me it looks like an oil-painting ;)

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog, posts and artwork!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

All artwork contained in this blog are original works by Deanna Millard unless otherwise stated.

Challenge Yourself

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP